Sparrow is a Bitcoin wallet for those who value financial self sovereignty. Sparrow’s emphasis is on security, privacy and usability. Sparrow does not hide information from you - on the contrary it attempts to provide as much detail as possible about your transactions and UTXOs, but in a way that is manageable and usable.
Sparrow supports all the features you would expect from a modern Bitcoin wallet:
- Full support for single sig and multisig wallets on common script types
- A range of connection options: Public servers, Bitcoin Core and private Electrum servers
- Standards based including full PSBT support
- Support for all common hardware wallets in USB and airgapped modes
- Full coin and fee control with comprehensive coin selection
- Labeling of all transactions, inputs and outputs
- Lightweight and multi platform
- Send and receive to PayNyms, both directly (BIP47) and collaboratively
- Built in Tor
- Testnet, regtest and signet support
However, Sparrow is also unique in that it contains a fully featured transaction editor that also functions as a blockchain explorer. This feature not only allows editing of all of a transaction’s fields, also easy inspection of the transaction bytes before broadcasting. Sparrow contains many more features that are covered in detail on the features page.
Sparrow is also strongly supportive of privacy, and aims to be a wallet that takes users on a privacy journey from using public servers to using cold storage techniques on private servers. For more details, read the Best Practices guide.